Learn, Share MOVE!
Since 2013, up to 30 teachers each year, across Primary and Secondary schools Essex have participated in the Dance Network Association’s (dna) Learn, Share MOVE! programme to develop, increase, and begin their dance journey as a school.
We estimate that over 8000 children and young people in Essex have participated and engaged in dancing with dna. The programme is designed to support school staff to feel confident in the delivery of dance and increase dance provision in education and community settings, both as part of the formal curriculum and during out of school time. The aim for dna is to increase young people’s access to dance, their creative thinking and aspirations and physical development and activity.
- 3 x peer teacher support meetings 16:30 – 18:00. One meeting each term.
- 2 x practical twilight evenings with professional artists.
- 1 x Spring Term and 1 x Summer Term.
- 1-1 mentoring if required to develop a whole school approach to dance or to develop schools Arts Mark plans.
- A celebratory event for the young people involved to share their skills in the Summer Term.
- An annual conference Wednesday 29 September to inspire teachers with new skills, thoughts, and new peer support networks for the year ahead.
For the time being these will be held virtually and delivered between 16:30 – 18:30 on the following dates
The first meeting will bring Tendring, Colchester, Braintree and Chelmsford together on Thursday 18 November 2021.
- Tendring Network Tuesdays - 22 Feb 2022 / 17 May 2022
- Colchester Network Wednesdays - 23 Feb 2022 / 18 May 2022
- Braintree Network Thursdays - 24 Feb 2022 / 19 May 2022
For 2021/22 will be delivered virtually to all members in one space, reducing time requirements and travel costs. Annual conference will be in-person for maximum benefits for all.
- Practical Term One: Annual Conference - Wednesday 29 September 2021
(in person at the Mercury Theatre, Colchester)
- Practical Term Two: 16:30 – 18:30 – Wednesday 9 Feb 2022 (virtual)
- Practical Term Three: 16:30 – 18:30 – Wednesday 11 May 2022 (virtual)
Times for the school performances in the Summer term will be confirmed in the May meetings with the teachers.
These are usually a half day commitment 10:30 – 12:00 or 13:30 – 15:00
- Colchester Schools - Wednesday 6 July
- Braintree Schools - Thursday 7 July
- Tendring Schools - Tuesday 12 July
We aim to group schools by district, building greater support along with existing networks. If your school is not within these districts and you are interested in joining, you would still be very welcome to join in these meetings. By 2025 we aim to facilitate LSM networks in each district, offering as much support as we can provide.
Option 1 includes:
- Annual Conference
- Termly teacher meetings
- 1-1 support if required
- All Practical sessions (up to 2 devises per school)
- Summer performance/sharing.
TOTAL = £350.00
Follow the link below to book the full programme
Option 2: Individual activity costs
- Termly teacher meetings: Free to join
- Practical Sessions: £75.00 per each 2-hour evening
- Performance: £75.00
You can book on to the first meeting by clicking below.